Saturday, July 04, 2009

Round Lake, 7-3-09

Boats are a fun way to get started in the water.

But it doesn't take long before you're tired of boring Daddy and little sister and head out on your own.
He started to get comfortable with the buoyancy. It's easier to feel secure when you can touch. (He doesn't have that option in the pool.)
He was getting really brave.
OK, he's sitting here, not treading water, but it looks good, huh?
Ariana ventured out a little.
She enjoyed splashing.
But she was never far from Mom.
Once while her back was turned, I scooted a couple feet out in the water so she would have to be about knee deep to reach me. Yeah, that was a no-go!
This boy is so adorable!

Snack time: Yogos, fruit snacks, and Cheese.
More cheese. Have I mentioned that this boy is cute?
I wanted to get a picture of the three of us. I have lots of pix of me and Ari - because she's always glued to me - but fewer of me with the boys.
(The bigger boys are at Nana's for a few days if you noticed them missing. They will be home on Tuesday.)
They would not look at the camera for me.
Or smile.
Apparently, sometimes even I wouldn't look at the camera.
This was so funny. Honestly, I only wanted them to look up to see if Daddy had "gone," so that he could snap the picture. I said, "Did Daddy go to get the sandwiches?" Got their attention. Look at the horror on Ari's face at the thought that she might be missing sandwiches. We had lunch right after this. :)
I did not get the picture I wanted, but we did laugh a lot!

After lunch, out in the canoe. Life jackets were no problem -- "Diego has a life jacket!" "Dora, too!" We paddled out into the lilly pads here to get really, really close to a large heron before he got too nervous and flew. The kids liked that.

No comments: