Friday, October 10, 2008

Mt Kit Carson

The boys and I (+1 girl) had the day off on Friday so we decided to make the most of it. It was time to get away from the TV and head on up to Mt Spokane. I had never been up there without tons of snow. It is very pretty this time of year, but the temperature was already C.O.L.D!!

This is the best you can hope for with this group. The wind was blowing so hard at the top, that all we wanted to do was get back to the vehicle. Gabrian was willing to cuddle Andrew for warmth. Now that's cold! Luckly I had suspected it might be cold and made the kids all pack extra jackets, gloves, and hats. I'm not sure where we picked up the bank robber.

Amazing to think we ski over this.

At the Vista House on Mt Spokane.

Conor does a nice job with the camera considering the subjects.



Cameron was very concerned that we were breaking some rule since it said no vehicles. I tried to assure him that walking was okay, but it only showed a skier, so he wasn't so sure.

Some of the spring washout. No driving through here.


Stay in sight!! Stay with me.. slow down....

This is cool. Where we going? Walking, walking, walking... I sure hope there is a basketball hoop soon!


When executing the over the shoulder shot, beware of your own facial expressions.



You can't see me dad, I'm camouflaged.

Finally.. we were starving!!! Peanut butter and jelly never tasted so good.

Who knows??


Gabrian thinks camera self timers are cool!

Conor breaks out the pudding. I did say they could bring snacks. I didn't anticipate Conor would bring entire courses.


The walk out was pretty and tiring. Andrew and I got our workout packing the tots along with us but it was a pretty good day never the less.

1 comment:

Nana said...

Nice hike in the cool fall.

My word! Doesn't Andrew look just like Mike!? Amazing!